Since we’re now in the final 100 days of 2012, here are more than 100 things to do in Downtown Ocala before the end of the year. Just choose one from the list each day or do two or three in one outing and make it a Feel Downtown kind of day.
1. Attend a production at Insomniac Theatre, like Macbeth.
2. Enjoy a fondue night at The Melting Pot overlooking the Downtown Square.
3.Take in an art exhibit or buy some local art at Brick City Center for the Arts
4. Enjoy the Splash Pad with your kids at Citizens Circle.
5. Enjoy a walking tour from downtown into the Ocala Historic District with Ocala Ghost Walks & Tours every Friday and Saturday or by appointment.
6. Start your Saturday at the Ocala Farm Market on the Downtown Square, 8 a.m. to 1 p.m.
7. Attend the Craftoberfest Ocala Beer Festival in Downtown Ocala, hosted by Pi on Broadway, 2-6 p.m. Sept. 29.
8. Get ready for a weekend of comedy with Improv Night, Oct. 5-6 at the Insomniac Theatre.
9. Enjoy the First Friday Art Walk from 6-9 p.m. on Oct. 5, Nov. 2 and Dec. 7! A different theme each month!
10. See famous psychic and medium Chip Coffey, star of A&E network’s Paranormal State, Oct. 5 and 6 at the Seven Sisters Inn.
11. Have your pets blessed at the Grace Animal Blessing, 10 a.m. to noon, Oct. 6 at Grace Episcopal Church.Enjoy pizza and more at Fiore’s Cafe.
12. Take a tour of homes in the nearby Ocala Historic District, noon to 5 p.m., Oct. 7. Sponsored by the Historic Ocala Preservation Society.
13. Participate in the Feel Downtown Diversity Fest at 7 p.m. Oct. 10 at Citizens’ Circle, featuring musicians, singers and dancers.
14. Bring your blankets and chairs and enjoy an outdoor movie “Guess Who?” at Tuscawilla Park at 8 p.m. Oct,. 12. It’s a family-friendly movie about cultural diversity. Popcorn and drinks provided.
15. Schedule some spa time at Face and Body Tonics on Magnolia Avenue.
16. Celebrate the cultures and diversity within our community at the Ocala Cultural Festival from 1-8 p.m. Oct. 13 at Citizens’ Circle.
17. Support the American Cancer Society as you Paint the Night Pink at AJ’s on the Square, 7-9:30 p.m. Oct. 13.
18. Take in the North Magnolia Farm Market on any Friday from 8:30 to 1:30.
19. Ooh and aah at the lovely baby and children’s items at Grow Boutique.
20. Bring your family to participate in Sidewalk Astronomy at the Discovery Center ( Oct. 20, Nov. 17 and Dec. 22)
21. See Frankenstein at the Insomniac Theatre, Oct. 26-Nov. 11
22. Take in the lecture series at IHMC, the Institute for Human and Machine Cognition. Dr. William Davis will present “Wheat: The UNhealthy Whole Grain” at 6 p.m. Oct. 31; Charlie Kennel presents “NASA at mid-life: The future of human space exploration” at 6 p.m. Nov. 27. Wes Huntress presents ”Roving the Solar System: Looking for Signs of Life” at 6 p.m. Dec. 18.
23. Bring your little monsters to the Mini Monster BOO Bash at the American Legion at Tuscawilla Park, 5:30 – 8:30 p.m. Oct. 31. Enjoy this safe alternative to hitting the streets.
24. Slip away for a quiet lunch in the courtyard at Brick City Cafe.
25. Take advantage of Parent’s Night Out the first Friday of each month at the Discovery Center.
26. Get a new do at Reflexions of You Salon.
27. Take in a first run movie at the fully restored historic Marion Theatre.
28. Shop and lunch all in one location at Tres Chic in The Swanky Victorian. Enjoy lunch at The Muse Cafe or swing by about 3 p.m. for fresh-baked cookies and desserts on the porch!
29. Take up Belly Dancing every Wednesday evening at Ocala Wine Experience.
30. Grab a Papa Bear Burger and a Peanut Butter Shake at Hungry Bear Drive-In.
31. Thinking about a tattoo? Check out Doc of Rock.
32. Go fishing at Lake Tuscawilla. (Catch and release)Shop for great fashion jewelry at great prices at Aurora’s.
33. Enjoy an ice cream cone or handmade truffles at Ocala’s Chocolate & Confections.
34. Celebrate your child’s birthday with “Themed Birthday Parties”at the Discovery Center. Themes include “Dino-mite,” “Pirates,” “Fear Factor,” and our favorite “Mad Scientist.” Costs range from $15 to $20 per child.
35. Check out downtown Ocala’s newest art gallery Artist Alley.
36. Enjoy dinner on the patio at Mark’s Prime Rib on the Square.
37. Get away for a night or two at Seven Sisters Historical Inn.
38. Enjoy pizza and more at Fiore’s Cafe.
39. Bring your dog to dine with you outdoors at Harry’s Seafood Bar & Grille.
40. Help kick off the holiday season at “Light Up Ocala” on Nov. 17 on the Downtown Square.
41. Enjoy breakfast or lunch at downtown’s newest eatery, The Lunchbox of Ocala. (Friday is All You Can Eat Pancakes Day)
42. Order flowers for your Thanksgiving or holiday table at Bo-Kay Florist.
43. Shop for that engagement ring or anniversary present at Gause & Sons Jewelry.
44. Enjoy a super-duper cinnamon roll at Primary Oven and then come back for its one-of-a-kind lunches.
45. Get the holidays going with Tuscawilla Traditions: Light the Lakes, 5:30-7:30 p.m. Nov. 27, and enjoy festivities including lighting the large Christmas tree in Lake Tuscawilla.
46. Find a treasure or two or three at White Elephant Store.
47. Buy a pound of fresh-ground coffee after you enjoy a cup at Great American Coffee Roasters.
48. Get a new cut or style at Key West Hair Salon.
49. Have lunch with the girls at Stella’s Modern Pantry. Do some shopping while you’re there.
50. Start a wedding registry or shop for a bride at Ocala Traditions.
51. Start a baby registry for your newborn or shop for baby and your home at Shannon Roth Collection/Olivia and Co. Kids. Check out the Christmas Vietri collection.
52. Get the guys or gals together for a night of pool at Downtown Billiards.
53. Head to Richard’s Place for breakfast or lunch, where the friendly waitresses still call you Hon!
54. Get his shirts done at the S-Curve Cleaners.
55. Play some basketball, racquetball, tennis or baseball at Tuscawilla Park.
56. Enjoy Free Oyster Friday at O’Malley’s Alley. Or host your adult birthday party in the alley.
57. Meet for coffee or surf the web at the Downtown Starbucks.
58. Hello Gorgeous! That’s what everyone will be saying to you after a trip to this salon.
59. Get a new bike or bike accessories at Brick City Bicycles.
60. Find out what’s trending at Her Kloset at Greiner’s.
61. Check out the art show or book a gathering at Irish Rose Gallery.
62. Search for a bargain at Brother’s Keeper Thrift Store.
63. Enjoy a Cuban Sandwich at Cafe Havana.
64. Have a picnic or rent a pavillion at Tuscawilla park for your family reunion or birthday for as little as $23.08 for four hours or less. You’ll love the playground!
65. Visit Santa on the Square in December. Enjoy a visit, hot chocolate and cookies from 6-8 p.m. on Dec. 4, 6, 11, 13, 18 and 20.
66. Get a hot dog with all the works at Dee Dee’s Diner.
67. Show your house some love with a new rug from Cyrus Rug Gallery.
68. Find fashions, fun and more at Jezebel’s of Ocala.
69. Enjoy Symphony Under the Lights as the Ocala Symphony Orchestra performs holiday favorites at 7 p.m. Dec. 14 on the Downtown Square.
70. Get your hair and nails done at Fresh Vintage Salon and Boutique.
71. Shop for flowers and more for you or as a gift at Heritage Flowers.
72. Dress up the man in your life with a trip to Greiner’s for Men.
73. How about a new piercing at Ocala Ink & More?
74. Have some sushi like the Spiderman Roll at Sushi Bistro of Ocala.
75. Rock on at a roof-top concert at Pi on Broadway.
76. Impress your date with a dinner out at La Cuisine French Restaurant, downtown Ocala’s only Florida Trend Magazine’s Golden Spoon Award winner.
77. Get a new look with a trip to En.ve Salon.
78. Celebrate your birthday at AJ’s on the Square and receive a free bottle of champagne.
79. Try out the new Coyote Cantina when it opens on Broadway.
80. Take care of your hookah needs and more at Tattookah.
81. Get ready for date night with a trip to Marketplace on Broadway. Be sure to say hello to the shop’s canine staff.
82. Find that one-of-a-kind gift at Lime Cabinet.
83. Get a dozen awesome cupcakes at Blakely House for your next event or party!
84. Enjoy Thisty Thursdays or Crown Royal Tuesdays at Ritter’s Beer Garden
85. Swing by City Hall and enjoy the new art galleries on the first and second floors.
86. Work on that tan a bit or have your hair done at Angelheart Tanning & Hair Design. Stop by the Post Office across the street.
87. Surprise your date with a downtown carriage ride during the holiday season. It’s a magical time of year as you ride beneath the lights.
88. Get a haircut by the one and only Cosmo at Planet Cosmo Salon.
89. Shop for all things equine at Paddock Room Galleries. There’s a reason they call this area Horse Country!
90. Enjoy finding treasures at one of downtown’s newest shops Lelo’s Attic.
91. Find that special piece of jewelry at Ocala’s Lady Jewelers.
92. Shop for a new purse at Va Va Chic Boutique.
93. Do some kitchen and bathroom dreaming and planning at Home Spaces on the Square.
94. Enjoy window shopping and one of a kind items at Verbena Nested Treasures in the beautiful Marion Block Building.
95. Drop your things by Rick’s Cleaners on your way to lunch downtown.
96. Shop for great fashion jewelry at great prices at Aurora’s.
97. Have lunch and shop at My Designer’s Attic.
98. Get another tat at Fat Kats Artistry.
99. Stop in Alarion Bank to see the artists on display in the gallery.
100. Take a date on a stroll through the downtown area during the holidays.
101. Plan to usher in the New Year at one of your favorite downtown establishments.
102. Pat yourself on the back for shopping local and getting to know your downtown area a little better.
103. Repeat as many as possible.