From Interstate 75, make your way to downtown via State Road 200 or State Road 40. Head east on State Road 200 and drive about three miles. After you cross the large intersection at US 301/441, you’ll notice the road curves and turns into Southeast First Avenue. That’s what locals call “The S Curve.” Follow the curve and this will take you into downtown Ocala. Coming from I-75 on State Road 40, you’ll head east and continue past US 301/441 and take a right turn on South Magnolia Avenue.
There are 29 parking spaces Downtown that are free with a two-hour time limit. Downtown Parking Officers strictly enforce the reserved lease spaces, the meters, the 2 hour time limits, and all parking codes. If you are ticketed you can pay your ticket at the drive-thru or lobby of the Citizen Service Center at 201 SE 3rd Street, by mail as directed on the ticket, or online.
Check out our Downtown Parking Map and plan your route!
- Brick City Center for the Arts, 23 SW Broadway Street.
- Hershberger & Huff Studios http://hershbergerhuff.blogspot.com/
- Irish Rose Gallery, 19 SW First Ave.
You can also find art exhibits at the following downtown banks:
Children will enjoy seeing the five horse statues on Ocala’s Downtown Square that are part of the Horse Fever public art project. All restaurants are family friendly, too. Kids of all ages like the ice cream and chocolates at Ocala’s Chocolates & Confections.
Just across Silver Springs Boulevard , you’ll find Tuscawilla Park with its beautiful pond, sidewalks, playground and picnic areas, and the Discovery Center. And coming soon will be the new Citizen’s Circle and interactive splash pad in front of City Hall along Osceola Avenue.
- Event Calendar
- First Friday Art Walk: 6-9 p.m. the first Friday of each month, September- May
- Downtown Farm Market on the square, every Saturday, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Friendly dogs on leashes are welcome.
- Feel Downtown LIVE Spring Concert Series – held on select dates from Feb through May at Citizens’ Circle
- Cattle Drive and Cowboy Roundup at Tuscawilla Park – Feb. 21
- Downtown Ocala St. Patrick’s Day Pub Crawl – March 14
- Tuscawilla Sculpture Stroll – March 14
- Family Fun Day at Tuscawilla Park – March 14
- Kids Fishing Derby at Tuscawilla Park – March 27
- Earthfest at Arbor Day at Tuscawilla Park – April 18
- Senior Fishing Derby at Tuscawilla Park – April 20
- Florida Envirothon at Tuscawilla Park – April 25
- Brick City Beer and Wine Festival at Citizens’ Circle – May 2
- Downtown Summer Jams 2015 – Concerts on the square – July 17, Aug. 21, Sept. 18
- Community Fest on the downtown Ocala Square – July 4th
- Ocala Pride Festival at Citizens’ Circle- October 3rd
- Thrill Ocala Halloween Festival on the square- October 17th
- Ocala Art Festival – October 24th & 25th
- Feel Downtown LIVE HarvestFest in Tuscawilla Park – Nov. 14
- Light Up Ocala throughout downtown – Nov. 21
- Santa on the Square – Beginning Dec. 1
- Symphony under the Lights at Citizens’ Circle – Dec. 4
- Ocala City Hall www.ocalafl.org
- Golden-Collum Memorial Federal Building & U.S.Courthouse www.flmd.uscourts.gov
- The Ocala/Marion County Visitors & Convention Bureau www.ocalamarion.com
- Marion County Clerk of the Court www.marioncountyclerk.org/public
- United States Postal Service/Ocala downtown branch www.usps.com